Shirts are a great choice for women in “don’t know what to wear” days. However, finding the perfect shirt is not easy.
Every girl owns at least one shirt in her wardrobe, from a white German collar shirt, a denim shirt or a patterned shirt. Although different in style, but 4 factors: material, collar style, sleeve cuffs and shirt size are what you need to keep in mind to find the perfect shirts,
Material of the shirt
The material of the shirt or the way the fabric is woven plays an important role in creating a sense of comfort for the wearer. The choice of fabric depends on the weather and working environment. There are 5 types of most popular materials to produce shirts that women need to pay attention to.
- Poplin fabric: Poplin is the most popular fabric in shirt manufacturing. The fabric has an overlapping texture, flat and smooth, and has no pattern. However, because of this, poplin is the most wrinkled fabric. The color of the poplin fabric has a moderate brightness that looks luxurious. In particular, the white fabric color is quite transparent, suitable for matching with the suit, adding to the solemnity of this outfit.
- End – on – end: This fabric has an interwoven texture similar to poplin but is woven from two or more contrasting colors to create a unified color block. The end-on-end fabric is soft, breathable, but also easy to wrinkle. Shirts woven from this fabric are suitable for wearing in hot and humid weather or with a suit.
- Oxford: Woven shirts from oxford fabric are quite heavy but durable and strongest of all fabrics. Originally, this material was used for sportswear, so the fabric kept warm well. However, oxford does not look luxurious, so it is not suitable for formal events.
- Twill: Twill fabric has a twill texture, which is durable. The fabric has a loose, soft and cool texture, so it is often confused with silk. Because of the twill construction, shirts made from this fabric do not wrinkle and are easy to iron, and are also suitable for making bed sheets. Twill fabric has the most formal look of all materials, so it is suitable for everyday wear or important events.
The design of the shirt collar
For a shirt for formal occasions or with a suit, you should estimate the collar size relatively accurately to help the most complete overall. The simple way is to button the neck, then put 2 fingers in the collar. If it fits, then it’s the shirt for you.
- Basic collar: this is the most common neckline on shirts. The standing neckline contributes to the formal look of a white shirt and is suitable for any occasion.
- Peter pan collar: the name Peter Pan comes from the fairy character of the same name. Therefore, this collar style is classic and suitable for retro (classic style) or feminine designs. Girls can wear layers with bibs or midi skirts to complete the nostalgic overall.
- Sailor collar form: this collar is inspired by the sailor’s uniform collar. The long back neckline creates a feminine and graceful feeling for the overall outfit.
- Mandarin collar: Mandarin collar or collar is a collar style inspired by traditional Chinese clothing. Standing neck design brings elegance and elegance to the wearer.
Cuff/ wristband of the shirt
- Barrel cuff has a square hem and is fixed by 1 or 2 buttons. This is also the most common type of hem on a shirt.
- French cuff: this style of hem is fixed with cufflinks or silk knots instead of the usual buttons. This makes this shirt look more formal and suitable to wear with a suit or in special cases.
- Convertible cuff: this type of bear has two overlapping flaps and is secured with buttons. This type of bear is suitable for wearing in many different situations and is easy to create a variety of combinations.
What shirt size is appropriate?
A well-fitted shirt should have a shoulder bridge and a sleeve that is at the junction between the shoulder blades and the arm. At the same time, the armpits are not too tight on the body to create comfort when moving the hands. The length of the shirt body without a shirt needs to be about 20 cm long, from the waist down so that when the shirt is cinched, the shirt does not come out.